Tuition, Fees, Withdrawal Refunds, and Billing Dates
Please note: Tuition for the upcoming Summer will be determined by late February or early March.
Payments and Payment Plans
Access: The Billing and Payment Center by Touchnet provides access to the Touchnet payment portals.
Tutorials: For assistance, access step by step tutorials.
Payment Plans: Plans are available through the Touchnet Billing and Payment Center. A tutorial to establish a payment plan is provided by Student Accounts Team.
The Office of Financial Aid hosts a Summer Sessions resource page.
Dropping a Class or Withdrawing from a Summer Term
(Please note that the words, Session, Term, and Semester are synonymous and are oftentimes used interchangeably)
Please note these important considerations before you drop a Summer class:
- Summer 1 and Summer 2 Sessions are considered two separate terms.
- Consult the Registrar’s calendar for the first day of class for each term, last day to reduce your class schedule, eligiblility for a refund, last day to drop a class, and last day to withdraw from Summer terms.
- Examine the Refund Schedule.
Dropping just one of your classes for a Summer Term: If you want to drop one class for a Summer term and remain enrolled in your other class(es) for that same Summer Term, you may drop the one course through your AppalNet account.
Dropping all of your classes for a Summer Term: If you are dropping all of your summer classes for a Summer term, complete one of the two forms below depending up whether or not classes have started for that term.
- Before classes start for the term: If you want to drop your only course or all of your courses for the term before the start of classes, complete the Intent Not to Return form.
- After classes start for the term: If you want to drop your only course or all of your courses for the term after the start of classes, fill out the Withdrawal from the University form.
Regarding the Withdrawal form, keep in mind:
- Summer 1 and Summer 2 are terms/semesters like Fall and Spring so the Withdrawal process is the same.
- You may indicate the term you are planning to return for classes on the Withdrawal form; you will not be withdrawn for any term other than the one you have requested.
- The date you submit your Withdrawal form will serve as the withdrawal date for your refund outlined on the Refund Schedule.
- Remember, the Withdrawal form is necessary if you are dropping your only summer class for Summer 1 or Summer 2 after classes have started. Before classes start, you may use the Intent Not to Return form.